With the world becoming a bit unreliable, we thought we’d start sharing some love for our favourite towns. Small businesses are not only the backbone of our economy, but also run by the people for the people.
In this edition we start with the small growing town of Garfield. Garfield is located just 15 minutes from pakenham, and just an hour from Melbourne. You’ll find the happiest hard working people there, with such a well kept town that makes you feel at home.
Trudys work can be found in the magnificent store that is Impodimo. Catering for all your designer needs, When you enter the store you are met with an elegance half unexpected from a country store. Leaving empty handed is not an option with the abundance of artwork, homemade products, jewellery, foods and giftware.
FOOD & ACCOMODATION
- Garfield Hotel – Authentic Pub food, fantastic social atmosphere, and some excellent live music. Check out their Facebook for updates on the events and acts that they’ve lined up!
- Lulu's Lolly Shop - The perfect stop for a little something sweet!
- Little Miss Hangry – Garfield’s go-to Cottage-style café, featuring several vegan and gluten-free friendly options on their mouth-watering menu.
- Lady Lavender's Tea Room - Gorgeous country Tea Room set amongst cottage gardens with an eclectic gift shop and nursery. Serving Devonshire scones, light lunches and desserts daily.
- Country-Style Meats – Grade “A” quality butcher and smokehouse, well known for using Gippsland’s finest locally sourced products. If you’re looking to barbecue, drop by here to get yourself the best cuts and prepared meats!
- Brewsters Café & Foodstore – Fresh produce and friendly service! Drop by for a coffee and a quick feed.
- Cannibal Creek Bakehouse – Artisan bakery specialising in an iconic woodfired sourdough. This is a great place for breakfast, lunch, and coffee with friends.
- Magpie and Stump Bakehouse - Traditional Aussie bakery located in the Main Street of Garfield. Magpie and Stump have a wide variety of meat pies, fresh salad sandwiches and rolls, Turkish rolls with yummy fillings and delicious selection of cakes and sweets freshly made on the day.
- Cannibal Creek Vineyards – A family-owned vineyard, with an on-premises Cellar Door and restaurant that celebrates French cuisine. Bookings essential - so if you want to get in here make sure to check their details and call ahead!
- Garfield Cottage - Our newest addition to the Garfield Shopping Strip.. Walking distance to Vline and to the main street. This gorgeous little cottage sleeps up to 6, is pet friendly, fully self contained and boasts a beautiful garden where you can sit and relax after a day of touring our region.
- SOHL Store - Garfield's go-to store for ladies and children's fashion, accessories and shoes!
- Garfield Community Store - Great deals on preloved items!
- Garfield Antiques - On the hunt for a fantastic piece with history to add to your home? Stop in here for a few hidden treasures.
- The Dancing Horse - Specialises in the highest quality riding wear and saddlery from around the world at great prices!
HEALTH AND BEAUTY
- Ultimate Indulgence – This day spa and beauty clinic offers a wide range of services to get you feeling fresh, free and rejuvenated. Book in for an afternoon and treat yourself!
- Counselling 2 U - Offering professional services in Counselling/Psychotherapy, Reiki, Hypnotherapy, Ear Candling, Henna Tattoo, and Meditation.
- Miss Franky's - A stellar salon with excellent service! Arrange a cut, colour, and style here and walk out feeling lighter, fresh and fabulous! Franky's also stocks a range of Ladies & Men's clothing, hair and beauty products.
- Garfield Hair Creations - Highly recommended salon with friendly staff, great cuts and colours.
- Garfield Picture Theatre – The beautifully renovated 1920's theatre located in Garfield is definitely worth visiting..The Theatre seats 250 and now hosts various music events and is a great venue for Wedding, Engagements, Corporate Events ect. Head to their website for more info or look them up on facebook and instagram to stay up to date with what's on at the Garfield Picture Theatre
- Gumbuya World – Bringing the kids? This awesome theme park combines rides, water slides, and up-close encounters with Australian wildlife, and is guaranteed to get the kids excited and engaged. Best of all, it’s only a 15 minute drive from Garfield – so you can always pop through with the family to check out Impodimo and grab some stellar food in town before heading off for a day of fun with the family!